Classic Buffalo chicken flavor in a healthier dish, this Baked Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potato Fries won’t be letting you down this football season, unlike your favorite team.
I have been craving Buffalo Chicken for quite some time now. Maybe it’s because of football season.
Football season is not only about your favorite teams playing and get-togethers with your friends, it’s also about the food. Chicken wings, chili, nachos, dips & chips, and loaded baked potatoes to name just a few. Finger foods, comfort foods, and ooey gooey cheesey foods.
But what about when you’re trying to eat healthy and enjoy the game and football foods with your friends?
It’s no fun munching on carrots and celery sticks by yourself while all your friends are eating buffalo wings and nachos.
Now I’m not saying this is a healthy dish, but I did make some small changes so you can indulge without feeling all that guilty this football season.
- I baked the fries instead of frying them.
- I used sweet potato fries instead of starchy white potato fries.
- I used my Greek yogurt blue cheese dressing instead of the creamy fat-laden brands at the store, and
- I used mozzarella cheese instead of greasy cheeses like jack or cheddar.
If you’re still feeling guilty about eating this, I also sprinkled some arugula lettuce over the top so you can get your greens in this dish. It really does make it look pretty, don’t you think?
Just minor changes so it’s not as fattening as it could be, and you can still satisfy your cravings.
Keeping in mind, it’s all about moderation. Because life’s too short to be munching on carrot and celery sticks all the time.
All the classic flavors of Buffalo chicken come together in this Baked Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potato Fries dish. A few small changes make this dish healthier for you so you don't have to munch on carrot and celery sticks throughout the season.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces Frank's RedHot Buffalo wing sauce
- 1-20 ounce bag frozen sweet potato fries
- 4 Tablespoons Greek yogurt bleu cheese dressing
- 1 ounce blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 leaves arugula lettuce, coarsely chopped or torn
- Add chicken breasts and buffalo wing sauce into crockpot and cook on Low setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove chicken from crockpot and place onto a clean plate. Using two forks, shred chicken apart.
- Place back into crockpot and mix together with sauce. Place setting on "Keep Warm" while you prepare remaining ingredients.
- Bake fries as directed on package.
- While fries are baking, you can make Greek yogurt blue cheese dressing.
- Remove fries from oven when baking is complete.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line a 10" iron skillet with parchment paper.
- Spoon prepared buffalo chicken into center of skillet.
- Place fries over and around chicken in skillet.
- Drizzle blue cheese dressing over chicken and fries.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese, arugula lettuce, and blue cheese crumbles over the top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
- I used my small iron skillet for this dish.
- Parchment paper makes for easy clean up of the pan or skillet.
As always, if you do make this Baked Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potato Fries, please leave a comment below, or share it with me by tweeting me @sweetspicymonky, or tagging your Instagram with @sweetandspicymonkey, so I can see all the deliciousness you create in your kitchen. Happy Eating!
All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.