Trying to stay cool during this heatwave almost makes you forget that we are nearing the end of summer.
Yes, school is just around the corner!
This can be a happy moment for some of you! And maybe a not-so-happy moment for those who are already dreading the back-to-school shopping coming up in your near future.
But let’s just not think about that right now because I’m sharing the recipe for these scrumptious Black and White Banana Bites.
Bite-size, frozen banana coins with a peanut butter middle covered with a dark and white chocolate outer coating!
I betcha want one right now, don’t ya?
If school hasn’t started yet, you can even get the kids involved in making them! Though you might want to double the recipe if the kids help you because they might eat a few while making them!
Of course, you might be a little guilty of that too! I know I was!
No worries if the chocolate doesn’t come out perfectly halved because they will still taste the same, DELICIOUS!
And if you have any left after the kids help you, these Black and White Banana Bites are the perfect snack for these dog days of summer.
Or between shopping trips for back to school items.
Oh, how I wish I was this chilly little monkey right now!
As always, if you do make these Black and White Banana Bites, please leave me a comment below, or share it with me by tagging your Instagram with #sweetandspicymonkey, so I can see all the goodness you create in your kitchen. Happy Eating!
Black and White Banana Bites are a deliciously sweet treat for these hot summer days! A peanut butter middle between banana slices, covered with a dark and white chocolate coating. The perfect frozen treat to enjoy as a snack or whenever you're craving a little taste of chocolate. So easy, the kids can help you make them! Gluten-free.
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 3 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup white melting wafers
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons coconut oil
- parchment paper
- cookie sheet
- microwavable bowl or glass measuring cup
- wooden spoon
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper, cutting any overhang edges off.
- Add slices from 1 banana onto prepared cookie sheet. Top with peanut butter and place another slice of banana on top, like a banana peanut butter sandwich.
- Place into freezer for about 1 hour to chill.
- Add white melting wafers and 2 teaspoons of coconut oil into a small microwavable bowl or glass measuring cup.
- Heat for about 1 minute, stirring every 10 seconds with a wooden spoon, or until mixture is smooth.
- After bananas have chilled for at least 1 hour, remove from freezer. Gently grab by one half and dip half into the melted white wafers. Place back onto cookie sheet and repeat until all are 1/2 dipped.
- Place back into freezer for another hour to chill.
- Prepare chocolate by adding chocolate chips and 2 teaspoons of coconut oil into microwavable small bowl or glass measuring cup.
- Remove bananas from freezer and dip other side of banana sandwich into dark chocolate. Repeat until all have been 1/2 dipped.
- Place back into freezer to set up, at least an hour. Best if frozen overnight.
- Enjoy straight out of the freezer.
- I used Ghirardelli candy making & dipping White Melting Wafers and Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate.
- If you have sensitive teeth, place out on counter for about 5 minutes before eating.
All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.