Ever since I made my Strawberry Rhubarb Zucchini Muffins, I’ve wanted to make Blueberry Zucchini Muffins.
Blueberries are one of my favorite summer fruits.
I have so many summer fruits I absolutely love, I just rank them all as my favorites!
Not only are blueberries delicious, but they’re also full of antioxidants, more than any other consumed fruits or veggies. It’s no wonder they’re often referred to as a “superfood”.
I love to add them to my yogurt, smoothie and smoothie bowls, and to flavor my water.
I just toss a handful of blueberries into my water jug to help flavor my water. And after I drink all my water, I have a little sweet snack to munch on.
I always have blueberries on hand, if not in my fridge, I have a few bags in my freezer for that blueberry pie I’ve been wanting to make. One day soon, I promise.
Until then, we have these Blueberry Zucchini Muffins to enjoy.
Full of blueberries and almonds in every bite, these muffins are not only delicious, they’re good for you too.
Made with coconut sugar (which gives them the brown coloring) they have no refined sugar in them.
I also used almonds instead of pecans and white whole wheat flour instead of the gluten-free flour. If gluten isn’t your thing, you can substitute a gluten-free flour with the exact measurements of three cups.
If you look below, you’ll notice I’ve added nutritional information for my recipes. This is the first one since I upgraded, so it may or may not show up on my previous recipes.
But it’s here now and you can use it to your advantage, if you’re counting all of that with all your foods.
Please let me know in the comment section how you like the nutritional information included now with my recipes.
As always, if you do make these Blueberry Zucchini Muffins, please leave me a comment below, or share it with me by tagging your Instagram with #sweetandspicymonkey, so I can see all the goodness you create in your kitchen. Happy Eating!
These Blueberry Zucchini Muffins are a perfect way to start your day! Made with white whole wheat flour, coconut sugar, shredded zucchini, fresh blueberries, and almonds, these muffins are moist with a little crunch from the almonds. Refined sugar-free and vegan.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups coconut sugar
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3 cups White whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 cups diced fresh blueberries
- 1 and 1/2 cups chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds for tops
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Lightly grease muffin pans with coconut oil or other preferred cooking oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, coconut oil, apple sauce, vanilla, and coconut sugar.
- Mix in shredded zucchini.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon with mixture.
- Mix in pecans with mixture.
- By hand, gently fold in blueberries until combined.
- Fill muffin pans about 3/4 of the way full.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds over the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven.
- As soon as muffins are removed from oven, gently run a butter knife along the edges to help loosen muffins from pan. Let cool for 5 minutes in pan.
- Remove muffins from pan and serve immediately or let cool completely on wire rack before storage.
- Store in airtight container or ziplock bag for up to 1 week.
All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.