There’s just something so comforting about the flavors of these Buffalo Chicken Wraps!
Football season might be over, but that doesn’t mean your love of buffalo chicken needs to be put on hold until Fall.
I’ve found a way so you can enjoy buffalo chicken flavors all year long with these Buffalo Chicken Wraps.
Seriously, what is it about buffalo chicken?
Is it the spicy sauce?
The cool blue cheese flavors mixed with the spicy sauce?
Or is it because it reminds us of football (or basketball) season?
Maybe it’s because buffalo chicken reminds of us of good friends and good times?
I’m thinking all the above because there’s just something about buffalo chicken dishes that bring it to comfort food status.
I know your mouth is already watering thinking about these Buffalo Chicken Wraps.
Slow cooked chicken with black beans smothered in Frank’s Red Hot wing sauce, laid atop a bed of cheddar and blue cheeses sprinkled with arugula.
Wrap it all up in a whole grain tortilla wrap, dip into blue cheese sauce, and your taste buds will be doing the happy dance.
It’s like a taste of buffalo chicken heaven…
In a wrap.
Only true buffalo chicken lovers will get that last sentence about buffalo chicken heaven.
So, whether you’re craving buffalo chicken for dinner tonight with the family or you’re at home watching the game with some friends, these Buffalo Chicken Wraps will hit the spot.
Previous Buffalo Chicken recipes from me:
As always, if you do make these Buffalo Chicken Wraps, please leave a comment below, or share it with me by tagging your Instagram with #sweetandspicymonkey, so I can see all the goodness you create in your kitchen. Happy Eating!
Slow-cooked chicken smothered in Frank's Red Hot wing sauce with black beans, cheddar and blue cheeses, arugula all wrapped up in a tortilla wrap. These Buffalo Chicken Wraps will become you and your family's favorite meal.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) Frank's RedHot Wing Sauce
- 1-15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Colby cheddar cheese, grated
- 7 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cup arugula lettuce
- 1 package of whole grain tortilla wraps
- parchment paper for wrapping
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek yogurt, nonfat
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 and 1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 ounces Bleu cheese crumbles
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- Add chicken breasts into crockpot with entire bottle of wing sauce. Cook on Low for 3 to 4 hours or until cooked thoroughly.
- Remove chicken from crockpot (don’t use your fingers as chicken will be HOT!) and place on a clean plate or cutting board.
- Using two forks, gently pull the chicken meat apart, shredding the meat.
- Place shredded meat back into crockpot.
- Stir in black beans.
- Place crockpot on Keep Warm setting and let simmer for another 20-30 minutes.
- Place tortilla wrap on a clean, dry microwavable plate.
- Sprinkle grated cheese and blue cheese crumbles over tortilla wrap, leaving about a 1" border all around. Cheese amount is up to you, you can put in on thick or lightly sprinkled.
- Place into microwave for about 35 to 40 seconds, or until cheese starts to melt. Remove from microwave.
- Sprinkle arugula over melty cheese.
- Place buffalo chicken mixture in center of wrap, about 1" thick and leaving a 1" border on top and bottom. Just remember we're wrapping this up in a tortilla and the wrap will burst if too much is added.
- Fold in tortilla wrap about 1" on the bottom.
- Gently roll up sides of tortilla like a burrito. Cut in half with a sharp knife so you have a bottom and top half.
- Cut parchment paper into 4" wide x 7" long pieces. Making 2 for every 1 wrap.
- Once complete, wrap parchment paper around bottom end of wrap, folding bottom in like the tortilla wrap, before wrapping paper around tortilla wrap. This helps to catch any droppings so it doesn't all fall out or run down your hands while eating.
- Repeat for other half of wrap.
- Serve with blue cheese dipping sauce.
- Add all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until combined. Dressing will be thick. If you prefer your dressing a little thinner, you can add a little more lime juice or olive oil.
- Place into small jar or bowl and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Can store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.