Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies? Chocolate chip cookies are so loved that they’re considered an all-American favorite.
It’s been awhile since I shared a cookie with y’all, about two weeks, but who’s counting?
Can you forgive me?
These past few weeks have been busy since I brought the pups home. Between playing and training them, I’ve been dog proofing their pen. I’m also building a temporary fence around my yard until their fully trained.
I’ve spent more time outdoors than I have in my kitchen!
Which is very unlike me since I don’t like to stay in the sun too long with my fair skin. Or be outside with all this pollen blowing around.
But I did find time to make these Chocolatey Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Not your ordinary chocolate chip cookie either.
Because these cookies have three cups of three different chocolate chips in them – semi-sweet chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips, and chocolate chunks.
Just look at all that chocolate!
And instead of using chilled or room temperature butter, the butter for this cookie dough is melted before adding.
Now if you’re anything like me, you’ve probably melted your butter in the microwave while trying to soften it up to room temperature for most recipes.
I mean, who has the time to wait for butter to come to room temperature? Let alone remember to sit it out on the counter hours before you start baking?
Not this girl!
After all, isn’t that why they invented microwave ovens?
And after forgetting accidentally melting your butter and still using it in your cookie dough recipe, you usually end up with a cookie that spreads wide and flat when baked.
Instead of the soft, chewy cookies that you can sink your teeth into.
Well, you can forget all that for these Chocolatey Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Melted butter is something we strive for, something we want for this cookie dough!
No more flat, wide spread cookies!
You get fluffy chocolatey chocolate chip cookies that taste amazing with the three different types of chocolate chips!
Giving you chocolate in three different textures with each bite of these delicious Chocolatey Chocolate Chip Cookies.
It’s like a chocolate party for your mouth!
And something for me to snack on while I finish building this temporary fence for the puppies.
As always, if you do make these Chocolatey Chocolate Chip Cookies, please leave a comment below, or share it with me by tagging your Instagram with #sweetandspicymonkey, so I can see all the chocolate goodness you create in your kitchen. Happy Eating!
Chocolatey Chocolate Chip Cookies are full of chocolate chips of different sizes - semi-sweet chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips, and chocolate chunks. Giving you big chocolate flavor in every bite!
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Mix together with a fork or whisk. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl for your stand mixer, mix together melted butter, brown and white sugars with flat beater until blended.
- Combine vanilla and eggs until creamy.
- Gradually add in flour mixture.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips by hand until chips are thoroughly mixed throughout dough.
- Drop 1 Tablespoon of cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheet, about 2" apart.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes in preheated oven until tops are set and edges of cookies are lightly browned. For a softer, chewier cookie, bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack where they can cool completely.
- Let cookie sheets cool off before placing cookie dough on them for baking.
- Repeat steps 8 through 11 until all cookie dough is baked.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- I chilled my cookie dough in the refrigerator between bakes.
Inspired by ~ Christy’s My Big, Fat Chocolate Chip Cookie.
All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.