Since we recently had St. Patrick’s Day, it only seems fitting for me to share some kind of green food with you, these Matcha Green Tea Protein Bites.
Unfortunately, they’re not an Irish food. But my last name is Murphy, which is a traditional Irish name, and I did make these delicious little protein bites. So therefore, these are an Irish food.
You didn’t think I was going to pull that off, did you?
Back to these Matcha Green Tea Protein Bites.
Cashews, coconut, Matcha Green Tea, dates, coconut oil, and protein powder are all combined here to make these little bites.
By now, we are all aware of the benefits of Matcha powder, with the main factor being the high concentrations of antioxidants. Without getting too scientific on y’all, EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) which is a catechin, is one of the main organic compounds in Matcha Green Tea. EFCG contains the nutrients and enzymes responsible for fighting the negative effects of UV radiation (cell damage). And the polyphenols help protect against heart disease and cancer.
Now I know what you’re thinking, coconut oil!?!? What?
Yes, coconut oil. Since I used cashews, I didn’t want to use peanut butter which would overpower the mild nutty flavor of the cashews. So really, I made a cashew butter with the cashew nuts and coconut oil instead of using peanut butter.
To help hold the ingredients together, I needed a little more coconut oil to do the job since I did not use honey in this recipe. Honey is usually used to help hold the ingredients together because of its sticky properties.
Plus, coconut oil also has many health benefits too from heart health to improving blood cholesterol levels, boosting your metabolism, and helping you feel full longer.
And the coconut oil in these Matcha Green Tea Protein Bites does not make them oily at all. Instead, they’re sweet and soft, just like a truffle, except without the chocolate!
I love the flavors of the cashews and coconut with the dates and Matcha Tea too. It almost reminds me of a vanilla.
They’re the perfect snack to munch on in between meals, right before or after a workout, or as a quick go to when you don’t have time for breakfast.
I hope y’all love these Matcha Green Tea Protein Bites as much as I do!
How do you use Matcha Green Tea powder?
Matcha Green Tea Protein Bites are great for on-the-go breakfast, for snacks between meal, and before or after your workout.
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, flaked coconut
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 6 dates, diced and pitted
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 teaspoons Matcha Green Tea powder
- Add cashews, coconut, and dates into your food processor and blend until ingredients are diced into small pieces.
- Add coconut oil, protein powder, and Matcha powder. Pulse until ingredients are blended throughout nut mixture.
- Unplug food processor, remove lid, and shape Matcha mixture into balls with your fingers. If you roll mixture between your palms, mixture might fall apart. I found shaping into balls with my fingers a better option.
- Place on a clean plate and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour before eating.
- Great for on-the-go breakfast, snacks, or before/after workouts.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
All content and images are property of Sweet and Spicy Monkey. Please do not reprint this content without my permission. If you wish to include this recipe on your site, please re-write in your own words and use your own photographs and link back to this post for original recipe.