So I thought I would start off the new year with these Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Bites. Only because I had this intense (some might call it crazy) craving for something Buffalo wing tasting. I was on a search for some buffalo wings.
But since I’ve also had my share of meat over the last couple months (think back Engagement Chicken and a Thanksgiving turkey), I didn’t want chicken wings. Or any other kind of meat for that matter. I’m all meated out!
Then I found a recipe for vegan buffalo cauliflower bites and knew I had to try it.
Now I had my doubts when I first saw this recipe, but since cauliflower works in Alfredo sauce, I thought “why not?” And so I did!
You see, cauliflower is a very versatile vegetable in the vegetarian community because it’s like a blank sheet of paper. Cauliflower has a very mild taste, if anything, and with a few common spices, it can become any food you want it to.
The one thing I love about this recipe is it tastes so much like the buffalo wings I’ve had before, but it only uses apple cider vinegar and a few spices. Plus, it doesn’t have any preservative filled foods like Ranch dressing or Pete’s buffalo wing sauce. Just simple ingredients here.
So you’re getting your vegetables with the buffalo wing taste without all the preservatives, fat, and calories. And no meat!
Serve it up with my Greek yogurt blue cheese dressing and you will be in vegan Buffalo wing heaven! Well, I was literally in vegan buffalo wing heaven while munching on these and licking my fingers.
Yep, these Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are certifiably finger licking good!
And I can’t think of a better way to start the new year!
What recipes do you like to use cauliflower in?
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 1 headcauliflower
- 1 Tablespoongarlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoonsmoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoonchipotle chile pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoonsea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoonground black pepper
- 1/4 cupapple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoonolive oil (for cookie sheet)
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- Rinse cauliflower well and pat dry. Cut into small florets.
- Pour 1 Tablespoon olive oil over a clean cookie sheet, wiping off any excess with a clean, dry paper towel.
- Place cauliflower florets on cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- While cauliflower is baking, mix together remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- As soon as cauliflower comes out of the oven, place into large bowl with buffalo sauce and mix well, covering all cauliflower florets with sauce.
- Serve immediately with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.